Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Redecorating

Ah, the simple joy of a shower. I hadn't had one in three days, so I thought I'd take the opportunity while the Cooper was taking a nap, Madison was at school, and the other three were safely in my room watching Sesame Street. Not a long one, but enough to get clean and feel human again. A quick peek at the angels still watching Elmo. "I'll dry my hair real quick", I think to myself. As I near the completion of this seeminly easy task, I peek out once again, and they are all still there, watching Barney now. Okay, almost done...Marshall runs into the bathroom, "Mommy, one of the girls" (that's what he calls them because he still can't tell them apart!!) "is drawing on the wall." "Great", I think and rush out to the hall to find precious little Emma with, not a crayon which would easily rub off, not a washable marker which would come off with a little elbow grease, no. It is almost beyond comprehension that somehow that child has managed to find a dark green permanent sharpie marker. I didn't even know we had one that color let alone where it would have been. Sweet Emma. She knows my favorite color is green and she is merely trying to redecorate for me!!

3 comments:

Dom said...

I'll fess up, I used to do that to pictures in my house, i'd add bits so they were better in my own, humble opinion.

johnvano said...

you're getting blog spam now! That's what i had... you're a good writer, and a hot babe!

Perri said...

Not sure if it will work - or if it's still there - but you might try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I haven't found anything it won't take off.