Thursday, May 15, 2008

Things I Didn't Know Before I Was A Mom

*I didn't know I could "do my business" with the door open...every time.

*I didn't know I could survive on 30 minutes of sleep a night.

*I didn't know I could do 10 loads of laundry a day every day.

*I didn't know poop could be so colorful or a topic of conversation at dinner.

*I didn't know that kids could sleep on top of Hot Wheels and not feel them.

*I didn't know I would never again be able to take a shower in peace.

*I didn't know kids would eat anything if it's covered in either ketchup or ranch dressing.

*I didn't know that a 3 year old child could take up 99% of the room on a king size bed.

*I didn't know a child could produce so much snot in one blow.

*I didn't know a child could hold so much vomit.

*I didn't know a child could hold so much poop.

*I didn't know I could make the 5 mile trip to the hospital in 1 1/2 minutes at 2am.

*I didn't know how good a hug could feel.

*I didn't know I could love 5 little people so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! Especially those little bodies taking up the whole bed. How do they do that?

Incidentally, I landed here on an old post about your gerbils. Do you still have any? We just got one and are hoping the little one gets along with the one we've had for a couple weeks. We'll see. They are in separate cages annoying us with their frantic digging at the moment.