Saturday, July 26, 2008

Tell me it ain't so...

...that my daughter is "in love" with a rock star!


We're watching the Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus Best of Both Worlds 3D Concert on TV tonight. I'm shocked that she knows the words to EVERY song and is singing at the top of her voice. It's cute. Even if you can't really tell it's 3D with the cheap-o glasses she got free at Wally-Mart tonight with her Daddy.


Then (and this is where the world stands still) the JONAS BROTHERS come out!!! I think I've lost a little bit of my hearing what with her screaming unintelligable sounds of glee. Anyway, she's singing right along with them too, getting EVERY word...she doesn't have any of their music, so how she is able to accomplish this I have no idea. So, she's extremely happy and every so often gives little screams of delight. Then she and Marshall...who also has lost a little bit of his hearing...have this conversation:


Mad: There's Nick...I LOVE HIM!!


Mars: How can you love him? He's like 16.


Mad: He's only like 13.


Mars: Yeah, and you're what, 9?


Mad: So? That's only 4 years older. Daddy's 4 years older than Mommy and they love each other.


Mars: Yeah, but he doesn't know you.


Mad: Well that's a problem. I LOVE HIM!!! He's soooooo cute!!


Mars: (pauses for a moment) And to think you used to love Barney!


She's 9 going on 19...help me! Oh, and did I mention that ANY time she sees him on TV or any picture of him she wants me to confirm that he is TOTALLY CUTE AND ADORABLE?!

2 comments:

Karen said...

LOL! Too funny! The Jonas Brothers are big-time these days. My sister and I took her girls to see the movie when it came out. It was a learning experience for me. haha

Unknown said...

Marshall is a hoot! His Barney comeback is priceless!