Sunday, April 23, 2006

Cleaning


I'm in the kitchen mopping. Madison comes in to watch...she's fascinated by mopping and is always begging to use the Swiffer Wet Jet. We have a conversation which goes like this:
Madison: "Is Jillian coming over?" (That's our babysitter)
Me: "No."
Madison: "Is Grandpa and Grandma coming over?"
Me: "No."
Madison: "Are you having Bible study today?"
Me: "No."
Madison: "Then why are you cleaning?"
It's then that I realize the only time the kids ever see me really clean cleaning is when we are having company. I do pick up, straighten up, and neaten up. But it's pretty sad that if I'm deep down cleaning it means, to the kids at least, that someone's coming over. Now lest you think we are walling in filth, I do deep down clean when the kids are at school, playing outside, watching a movie, or some other activity that distracts them from what I am doing. It's just hard to do with them running all around!!
I am cleaning the kids bathroom when it occurs to me that each child (with the exception of Cooper, he only has one toothbrush and shares someones toothpaste) has 2 toothbrushes and their own toothpaste. That's 8 toothbrushes and 4 tubes of toothpaste. When did this craziness occur and where was I?
I better get back upstairs and finish deep down cleaning...who knows when the urge will strike again?
Oh, and John is sitting on the back porch enjoying the sunshine. Well, that's not fair, he is working on work stuff, but he's still outside!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

LOL I so understand what you mean.

I clean everyday, not a deep cleaning, but I straighten up, do dishes, laundry etc, not like a spring cleaning would be, but still........but everytime we know someone is coming over you really DO go out on a limb (so to speak). LOL