Wednesday, April 19, 2006

We're back!!

So, when we went on vacation, I thought it was for 6 days. Almost 2 1/2 weeks later we got home...well, we've been home since last Sunday night, but it has been crazy around here. John's family in Jacksonville basically kidnapped me and the kids. When they found out that the kids had Spring Break the week after our vacation (I'm still not sure when we didn't go down ON their Spring Break, but who cares?), they told John to come back to Atlanta and to come back the next weekend to get us...that's what we did!
We first went to the beach with his family. It was FREAKIN' FREEZIN'!! I am not kidding. It was in the 30's at night and only in the 50's in the day. Now for up here, okay. But this is the beach. It's supposed to be warm. But the kids did brave getting in their suits and dipping their toes in each day for about 10 minutes. And we did hit the beach after Disney when we were kidnapped and it was warm and sunny.
The kids had a blast at Disney (HUGE thanks to my Grandpa and Dorothy for getting us all in for free, "renting" two double strollers for free, and discounts on food, etc.). We were there from the time it opened until ther fireworks were exploding in the air!! It was sooo much fun! Their favorite thing was meeting all the characters. We actually met quite a few this time. I just love to see the excitement on their faces and the joy in their voices when they say, "Donald Duck hugged me!"
After Disney we were just going to stop back by to see his family and spend the night. That's when they conjured up this plan of theirs. I'm so glad we stayed. The kids don't get to see their cousins as much as we'd like, so it was nice. And to relax and just chill with each day being blank with no plans what-so-ever was huge!
The night we got home I told John my throat was a little scratchy. I woke up the next morning to full blown sore throat, crouppy cough (I still get croup as an adult y'all...strange), no voice, and gross green phlegm. Nice. It took me three days to realize it was all this lovely Atlanta pollen. I am still coughing a bit and still have a hoarse voice, but after almost a week on Claritan, I'm much better.
Now I'm going to go upstairs and plop down in the middle of the toys, folded clothes, unfolded clothes, and sippy cups, I'm going to grab Madison's Power Puff girl pillow and ABC blanket I saw and take a nap right on the floor. I don't think I can make it much further than that!

No comments: