Monday, June 05, 2006

One down, two to go

We've had a very sad day at our house. A beloved member of our family passed away yesterday, but it wasn't revealed until today... at least to certain members of our family.

Sammy the fish has gone to the great fishtank in the sky. Sammy was Marshall's fish. He actually took the news quite well. I told him as we were walking in Wal-Mart today. The kids always have to look at the fish, and well, I thought it a most appropriate time to disclose the unhappy news. He had a very sad face at first, then saw the African Frogs (they are these really cool frogs that live underwater...they don't need air!!), his face lit up, and he asked if he could get one. I told him to wait until we went to the pet store. The fish from Wal-Mart never fare very well for us.
As Sammy was flushed down the toilet Marshall said, "Swim to the ocean dear, sweet Sammy. You were the best fish I ever had." He was the only fish he ever had, but I guess Sammy doesn't know that, or ever will for that matter!
So, now we are down 1 fish, with only 2 left to "swim to the ocean". I am not going to replace them as they die. Just remove the tanks and hide them until the kids can clean them themselves...I can only do so much ya know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe Marshall got that farewell salute from me -- it's what I say whenever I drink a coke.

"Swim to the ocean, dear, sweet nectar..."