Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Only in the movies...or our house!!

Okay, so there are scenes that can only happen in movies, right? Nope. They happen at our house all the time. Like today for example. It started right after John left for work. The kids toilet was not working, John forgot to plunge it before he left. Not kidding that 5 minutes after he left, the toilet in the master bath overflowed...thankfully nothing gross in there, but it's still gross none-the-less. I know what you're thinking, why didn't you plunge it yourself? Well, I'm plunger-challenged. I can't do it to save my life. Don't know what's so hard about it, but I am incapable.

So, we're doing pretty good. The kids toilet will flush, just not everything goes down...so we use their toilet for our "business". About 3 o'clock, I hear Cooper stirring from his nap and I think I should take the dog out quick before Cooper really wakes up for good in about 2 minutes. (She's inside today because it's rainy, and I can't leave her out. She's in her crate because she's such a wild beast, she just tackles the kids...but she really does love her crate.) So I have the leash in hand opening the first lock and I hear a scream coming from my room and running. The girls were watching a video. I quickly close the lock, Dancer starts barking and pawing like mad at the cage. I run upstairs to find Emma running down the hall vomiting as she goes.

So, now I have two toilets that don't work, a vomiting child, vomit all down the hall and in my room (plus all over a library book...nice...my shoes...nice...and a bag of Christmas bows under the bed...nice again) Cooper screaming in his crib, a dog barking downstairs, and Halle standing on my bed crying and saying something, which by the way, she's not wearing pants because she for some reason refuses to poop in the potty and I refuse to let her wear pull-ups and I'm sick to death of cleaning poop out of her panties, and I'm unable to make out what she's saying (stupid twin-speak) and I think she's telling me she's just pooped in my bed! (Thankfully she was just pointing out the vomit!!)

I throw Emma in the tub after a quick hose-down and tell her to just play for a minute. I try calling my mom who had taken Madison and Marshall home from VBS. No answer. No answer on her cell phone, it's not even on, just clicks right to voicemail. I am screaming into the phone, "That's what they're for woman...turn it on!!" and realize I've just left that on her voicemail. I frantically call John because I need some serious help here. He says he can come home if I really need him. I tell him to give me 5 more minutes to try and get Mom but to be ready. After 5 minutes, no mom. I try calling him over and over and over and over...where the heck is he? After 30 minutes (I did get Cooper up finally after about 15 minutes and just put a huge box to block the hallway) I get my mom and ask her to come over right away and to bring some carpet cleaner because I'm out.

Mom comes to my rescue and I scrub the floor. I use an entire bottle of carpet cleaner. I call John and have him pick some up on his way home, cause I need to clean it again. That's what I'm going to do right now.

So that was my day. Aren't you jealous?

1 comment:

terrible speller said...

no. sorry, not jealous. Hate that you had an "everything goes completely crazy" afternoon. Today has to be better right?