Monday, January 23, 2006

Frizzy Hair


Why do I even bother drying my hair straight? I used to have straight hair. Well, that's not entirely true...I've always had a few small waves. But now, for some reason, baby #5 has made my hair curly. Not the pretty, oh I wish I had her curls, curly. Not the cool, Jennifer Anniston waves. No. My hair is frizzy curly.
My husband likes it when I let my hair go curly...and I do too for about 10 minutes. Then it's like it takes over my head and starts frizzing out. So I put it up in the "up-do", or pull it back in a pony tail, or most times I put it in the "half bun" thing where some of it is sticking out...just so I look cool!
I've been debating whether to cut my hair in a cute, short, bob where the frizz would be a lot more managable...but then I would be forced to actually do my hair every day. Because my hair is long, it's easy to get by without washing it every day cause I can just pull it back and go. And with 5 kids, that's usually what ends up happening.
But today I decided to actually take the 30-45 minutes it takes to dry my hair (did I mention my hair is REALLY thick too?!), and what is happening outside? It's raining...like I'm able to watch the weather and would know that it's going to be raining all day.
So I take my son to preschool and have to walk him in because (surprise) we are running late, hair gets wet.
I go to MOPS (Mothers Of PreSchoolers) every other Monday and had to get 3 other children out and walk in the rain, my hair gets wetter. Back in the car afterwards, wetter still.
I decide to go to Target and get the Coop some new shoes, it had stopped raining by now, so I'm safe on the way in. We take out time and get the new shoes for Cooper and new rain boots for the other 4 (they are on clearance...how can I resist?!). On the way out of Target, the twins get to try out their new boots, cause it's raining again. Hair now becoming quite frizzy.
Now it's time for me to go and get Madison from ballet. I'm early and we go in to watch...wetter still.
I forget to go and get Marshall so not only was he late getting to school, he's now late being picked up which means of course I have to walk in to get him...in the rain once again.
So by the time we get home I am looking like Bozo the Clown on a really bad day. Oh well. Last night I bought some more cute hair bands so that is what is keeping my hair "under control".

1 comment:

terrible speller said...

hey. I recently went to a lady that specializes in cutting curly hair. She told me to always use a difusser and use leave in conditioner and a small amount of mousse to control the hair. She said you can apply as much leave in conditioner as you want to manage the frizz. Maybe this will help.

You are awesome. I love hanging out with you and John Saturday.

See ya-