Friday, January 27, 2006

Where have the chubby legs gone?

I wish I were talking about myself here, but alas I am not.
I am talking about my precious twins, Halle and Emma. They just turned 3 a few weeks ago and it seems like that was the magic day when the chub left their legs. I realized it tonight when they were running around in their short pj's.
Now I do give my children baths and I see their naked little legs all the time. But it was something about the shorts that made them look like little girl legs instead of baby girl legs. It made me cry.
I'm sad to see my babies growing up. I'm happy too. I know God has great plans for these cute, energetic, exciting, smart, full of life little ones. I just wish they could have chubby legs a little longer. I just love squeezing them. I love being their mom, and the mom to my other children as well.
Children truly are a gift from God. A gift that is too easily taken for granted. May I relish every moment with them...even when I want to pull my hair out. May I be reminded that youth is far too fleeting, and before I know it, they will be gone.
I love you my precious little ones. More than you can ever know.

No comments: