Tuesday, January 24, 2006


We had a successful night at the dinner table...again! Not as successful as the chocolate chip pancakes, but really, what can compete with that? I am very wary of "supper in a box" type foods, however, when I came across these Campbell's Supper Bakes that were buy one get one free at Publix, how could I resist? We are after all on a budget!
So it was with much trepidation I made the "Cheesy Chicken". Oh my word, it was SOOOO easy. You just mix hot water with the noodles, some butter, and the sauce mix, put your own UNCOOKED chicken on top, cover with foil, bake for 20 minutes (while the children are playing in the backyard with the hard-won Christmas puppy), then mix the noodles around, put the topping stuff on, bake for another 10 minutes, and lookey-loo...dinner!! Well, I did also bake some dinner rolls and throw some corn on their plates for good measure.
Now I am not trying to imply that it was the BEST food I've ever tasted in my life, far from it. But it was pretty good. And the kids ate it without complaint. All I got was "can I be done now?"...but that was when the plates were just about empty anyway. So for dessert we all had my hubby's favorite cookies, "Chips Ahoy"!
Now the wee ones are clean, the older ones are doing my cleaning of the living room, and I have a few precious "mommy moments" to myself! Hooray!!

1 comment:

terrible speller said...

And our husbands are eating together tonight. Chips Ahoy are my absolute favorite! Our dinner was pickle sandwiches, blueberry poptarts, chips and ice cream sandwiches.