Monday, January 16, 2006

Why is it...


Why is it that my darling husband whom I love to pieces seems incapable of replacing the soap in the shower? Is it because he doesn't know from day to day whether I will enjoy the pleasure of a shower and takes the calculated risk that I will be unable to have one that day? Is it that he simply forgets? Is it laziness? It surely can't be that he thinks if I haven't had a shower in three days I'll simply be happy with warm water running over me can it?

But just to see if I could figure out if he's got it in for me to stay dirty, I tried a little experiment the other day. There was no soap...again...and I thought, okay, I can once again use the shampoo to wash my body. And I didn't replace the soap as I usually do...on purpose. I made it a point to take a shower the next day, just to see if my darling husband would have thought to replace it. Nope. So now I know HE didn't use soap. Well it's just a fantasy of mine to actually get a shower three days in a row, so I missed a day and forgot to check on the soap thing. But the next day (this is day four of my experiment for those of you who have lost track!) I did take a shower, and as I was turning on the water, I noticed...no soap AGAIN!! Thankfully it was before I stepped in so I was able to replace the soap. I can only go so long without soap after all.

But it occured to me, how long would he go without soap. I can only hope that just as I do, he uses shampoo to wash his dirty body...but it makes you wonder...

2 comments:

johnvano said...

I guess I'm supposed to defend myself? I am the subject of this blog-posting, but I think the blogger is nuts. There has been a huge block of soap in our shower all week! I can think back to this morning and remember lathering up with it. I even brought home six new bars of soap the other day for the blogger. I have absolutely no idea what she's talking about because we've got soap!

five in six said...

Honey...sweet love of mine, this is just thinking back on past experiences with you. It is not a current situation. And thank you for the six new bars...will they stayed wrapped...or will they be used?