Tuesday, January 03, 2006

It's finally happened!!


Just when I thought my precious angel twins would go to college in pull-ups, it happened!! They are potty trained!! Well, almost. But they are wearing only "big girl panties" during the day and Halle had NO ACCIDENTS TODAY!!
She had previously shown zero interest in the big girl panties, and big girl potty, and the m&m rewards her sister was getting, and the big reward of a Dora the Explorer bike that had been promised when she achieved pull-up freedom! However, the turning point for her was when we were shopping at Macy's and Madison and Marshall got to go play at the "play place"...which is the place you can drop your 3-8 year old for 2 hours at a time while you shop...and Halle wanted to go in soooo bad she cried for about 15 minutes! After explaining that she had to be 3, which will be in 2 weeks time, and that she couldn't wear pull-ups she had to wear big girl panties, she was all about the potty.
Now Emma has seemingly reached a road-block. She had been all about the potty, but now is having a few accidents a day. But I refuse to break my resolve. No more pull-ups during the day. I can clean up a little pee on the floor. I can wrestle little legs out of poop-filled panties. For goodness sake, I can get the carpets cleaned professionally and I have a washer and dryer, right? I will not lose my resolve...especially when I am on the verge of only having one child in diapers...which has not happened in 6 years. Yes, 6 years people!! I have been changing the bodily functions of at least 2 human beings for the last SIX YEARS!! Most recently it has been 3 people due to Marshall and the twins, and then the twins and Cooper once Marshall potty trained himself, the little perfectionist that he is!!
So, can you see why I'm so overjoyed? Now, when is it too early to start with Coooper?!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Congratulations!! :o) Even though we don't have kids ... with all of our nieces and nephews (14) ... we understand what a big event this is! YAY! ... Karen