Saturday, February 18, 2006

Great day!

Praise the Lord I slept last night!!!!! I went to bed at 10 and woke up at 7:30!! Emma woke up to go potty at 2:30 but went straight to bed right after. I had a heart to heart with the girls before bed last night. I told them they could come in and snuggle me but they had to wait until the sun was in their window...and they did!!! I have realized that I really require 9 hours of sleep a night to feel fully awake and energized all day...I know that sounds lame, but it's true.
I actually showered uninterrupted and got make-up on to boot. Whoo-hoo it was a great morning! Madison helped me make blueberry muffins which the kids devoured like they hadn't eaten in days...I think I fed them last night, maybe not though. Madison and Marshall went to "story time" at our church (it's a new thing and they loved it!) while the rest of us went to Wal-Mart to get the supplies for the Abraham Lincoln log cabin.
We came home for nap and quiet time while Maddie and I started on her cabin...it took 4 hours and we're not done yet!!! (The thing is HUGE...we used 5 bags of pretzel logs!!!) We had sooo much fun just bonding pretzels and bonding with each other! (I don't know how to post my own pictures from my own camera because I'm a lame-o on the computer, but I'll have my love do it when he gets home on Tuesday. Can't wait.)
My Mom and Dad came over with some pizza for dinner and took Maddie and Marshall to spend the night and then the day with them tomorrow so I had some adult conversation and some relief when it came time for bed. The twins were exhaused and I didn't hear a peep out of them. Cooper is sick but he still plays like a maniac. I just put him down, no peeps from him either.
So I'm going to go and grab a whole bunch of Valentine candy, a sappy chick flick and crawl into my lonely bed.
It was a good day and I feel blessed and content!! (But I do miss my hubby!!)

1 comment:

terrible speller said...

wished we lived closer right now, lonely too without my man.