Friday, February 17, 2006

Night Two

I'm hoping I get more sleep tonight than I did last night. My sweet Emma decided that last night she didn't want to sleep between the hours of 2:30 am and 4:30 am.
She first woke up at 1:30 and I bribed her with a Whopper to get back in her own bed (I know, I know, bad mommy). It worked for an hour.
She then was up every 5 to 10 minutes for who knows what...just walking into my room. I know it would have been easier to give in and let her crawl into bed with me, but I already had one squiggly child with me, Madison. (I had promised her she could sleep in the "big bed" when Daddy went on his trip...next time more thought goes into that promise!!) Anyway, it was the principle of the thing. I had told her no and I was sticking to my exhaused guns.
At about 3:30 (and this is a.m. people) I decide, maybe she'd stay in bed with her twin. Well yeah she did. Except she woke Halle up and they were playing Barbies and Dora.........ahhhhh! Got her back in her own bed again and Halle fell asleep right away. Not Emma. That girl has the will of iron she does.
So as I'm stuffing cotton in my ears and pulling the covers over my head at 4:30 I decide I am NOT going to preschool in the morning...oh yeah, didn't you know I teach 2 year olds on Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:30-1:30...cause I'm just not crazy enough yet! I'm thinking I'll call the director in the morning and make up some excuse like Cooper is sick or something. I turn off the alarm and rest easy with my decision.
Marshall wakes me up at 6:30 and I start getting ready for preschool cause I just don't have the heart to call on such short notice...dang work ethic. Normally we have 10 children in our class, only 4 kids show up...and 2 of those are mine. Miss Donna (my helper) and I just let the kids play all day and we decided that it's the kids that were sick that are the messy, loud ones cause we had a great, quiet, non-messy day today.
Tried to get a nap after school but Cooper had other plans. I think he's getting sick. No. I know he's getting sick. I wiped his green snot all afternoon and he's woken up about 5 times since he's been in bed.
Please God, just let me have a good night of sleep. I don't know if I can make it through the day tomorrow if I'm deprived of more sleep. I might "accidently lose" one or more of my children...that would be bad, very, very bad!
Okay, I'm going to bed now. The kitchen is clean. The clothes are folded (and put away honey!!). The children are in bed (for now). The cat is fed and happy. The dog is in her crate whining to go out...so I better take her out or she'll bark until I do.
Oh yeah, and I have to help Madison build a replica of Abraham Lincoln's log cabin home this weekend. It's due Tuesday. This was John's job. He doesn't get home 'til Tuesday...did I mention he procrastinates?!
Good-night.
Not her actual cabin, but it gives me ideas!!

1 comment:

terrible speller said...

don't see how you do it SUPER MOM!